Sunday, November 1, 2020

Worth Another Trip

 The Black-throated Blue Warbler at Gilbert Water Ranch became famous in the birding community as it continued for close to a week after it's discovery.  Not only did it continue, but it put on a show for people when it was present at the entrance to the trail that goes between ponds 3 and 4.  It also didn't care about the presence of people walking by, birders observing and photographing it, or dogs walking by on leashes.  This bird was either tame or mindfully busy to eat as much as it could while caring less about it's surroundings.  Even non-birders walking by took notice of it and would stop to enjoy it.  The warbler was cooperative enough that getting cell phone pictures wasn't difficult.  When I went for the Blue on October 23rd, I spent a little over an hour watching it, and I went back on the afternoon of October 26th.  I spent another hour with it and sat down to enjoy a show.  This won't be a long post, but it's one to post the photos from the 26th to demonstrate how awesome this bird is to me, and also, how fearless it was.  2020 has certainly delivered good birding, and I didn't predict a Black-throated Blue Warbler would forage in front of my face for a long amount of time like this..























No comments:

Post a Comment