Monday, July 1, 2019

Some Time With Goshawks

I saw a Northern Goshawk recently, but it didn't look like a NOGO, because I really saw it!

Undisclosed information will fill this blog post on the whereabouts of this bird.  A selection of pictures will be posted.  I got lucky enough to observe an adult Northern Goshawk watching over her nesting area.  She flew around a lot and gave me the chance to snap a few photographs in the short time that was spent in the encounter.  Two young birds were on her nest.

This was a special time with my favorite bird, the Gray Ghost.  She was sure to remind me about her nest that was nearby, and luckily, she didn't attack me in force like other goshawks are rumored to do.  Richard Crossley described the Goshawk in his field guide quite well with the description of the bird as "a cruel beauty".



Fledgling one up top, fledgling two on nest













Of the two fledglings, one was a lot further along than the other in size.






















What a freaking awesome bird.

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet encounter, Tommy. Awesome bird with some killer shots.

    It makes sense to keep this location disclosed. I'm wondering, though, about your other undisclosed, top-secret plans related to this bird. Is it a no go or a NOGO? Is there a GoFundMe account set up yet??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Josh, I can't get enough of this favorite of mine!

      And dude, that NOGO is still on my mind. LOL!!!! It's still a plan...

      Delete